About our services
A saddle fitting can take around 2 hours (cost is £70). Laura will take your horse's template, check conformation and gait before doing a ridden assessment (please let us know if the normal rider and/ or suitable place to ride will not be available). If possible, she may be able to make the necessary adjustments to your current saddle (these adjustments are chargeable based on materials and labor). She will bring a selection of new and used saddles these range from £450 - £2000+. Mileage is charged at £1 per mile to cover travel time and fuel; this is shared between customers on the day. We always try to group customers together by area to keep travel costs to a minimum.
Rug wash and repair
Our Rug Wash is now up and running! Repair cost vary and rugs will have to be washed before for heath and safety reasons.
Rug - Wash Only £9
Rug - Wash and Proof £16
Numnah(s) - Wash £5 or 3 for £9
Fleeces - Wash £7
Dog Bed - Wash £12
Don't forget your Ruggy Card and get your 11th wash free.
information needed for Bookings
Please provide us with the following information when making a booking.
- Horse's height, age, disciplines, and general fitness
- If you have a saddle; the make, style, and size
- If you are buying a saddle; the style and budget
- The riders height and build
- Any medical or physical requirements of horse and rider that may affect the fitting
- If the horse is currently having any medical treatments
Our shop is open and ready for your business. Currently we have a ever expanding number of items including: Bridles, Girths, Saddle Cloths, Numnahs, Stirrup Leathers, Jodhpurs, and more. Please feel free to phone 01505 331 533 to inquire or just come have a browse.
follow up saddle checks
- 3 Months after purchasing a new saddle you will need to have a check; as the flock in the saddle will settle.
- It is recommended to have your saddle checked every 6 months as horses change with the seasons and activity levels.
- You should have your saddle checked whenever you feel something has changed.
- If you are concerned with the way your saddle is fitting; please do contact us.
- Laura is SMS qualified in both bridle and saddle making and has been repairing and altering leather tack and saddles for years. Most repairs will be hand-stitched and leather colors will be matched as closely as possible.
- Leather Repairs and Alterations - We have repaired a wide range of items including: an antique rifle case, handles for handbags, sporran repairs and much more
- Bespoke Leather Work - Leather items can be created to your requirements, such as; straps for a vintage Bentley, protective sleeves for a wooden yacht mast, dog harnesses, collars, leads etc...
- Bridles can be made to measure or worn or damaged part repaired or replaced
Please call 01505 331 533 to discuss any inquires